Charles W. Cohen
Charles W. Cohen specializes in administrative law, real estate; public policy; regulatory and strategic project management from conception, acquisition, environmental assessment and compliance; political and public outreach; mapping and permits; exaction control; federal state and local agency regulations and disposition.
Large and complex projects are his specialty: the unincorporated community of Oak Park; the Ahmanson Ranch; Parklands in the City of Ventura; the Oaks Regional Shopping Center; the Village at Newbury Park; Woodridge; farm labor housing in the County of Ventura; Development agreements for the Conrad Hilton Foundation and others; Specific Plans for Shapell Residential, Pacific Heritage and Dos Vientos Ranch to name a few; drafter of zoning regulations for Sun Valley, Idaho; and affordable and redevelopment projects dot his resume and more.
Chuck is the past president of the Ventura County Bar Association and a former mayor, council member and planning commissioner of the city of Thousand Oaks.
- University of California, Los Angeles (J.D., 1960)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1955)
- Casa Pacifica Children’s Home, Past President, Trustee, Executive Committee, Board Member KCLU-FM NPR Station, Director
- Conejo/Las Virgenes Future Foundation, Past President, Member
- Alliance for the Arts, Founder, Directore Emeritus
- Community Conscience Advisory Committee
- McCrea Family Foundation, Board Member